Sunday, July 17, 2005

San Jose Airport

As I'm writing this post, I'm sitting in the San Jose International Airport waiting for a flight that has been delayed (once again!). Tonight I fly back to Seattle and then tomorrow morning take a 6:00 a.m. flight back to the Bay Area and then on to Washington D.C. Lots of miles!!

Airports are an interesting place to get your fill of people-watching. A lady just walked by me with purple hair, wearing a purple flowered dress. It would be fitting to tell you that she was wheeling a PURPLE carry-on suitcase, but I won't. (The carry-on was RED.) Parents with kids are fun to watch in airports also. There's usually two kinds--the ones who are letting their children run wild and the ones who are trying to keep control of their kids with leashes, snacks or "The Look." You know The Look; that's the one that Moms use when they REALLY mean business. In addition to the strangely dressed and the parents-with-children, there's always plenty of airport staff to watch. Some are extremely energetic and helpful; others are standing in groups talking to each other with the attitude written all over their faces that CLEARLY says, "I don't care what you need; please don't even bother to ask."

Well, I'd better go check to see if they've delayed my flight YET AGAIN....

No comments: