Saturday, July 09, 2005

A dear friend

Did you read what I wrote a couple of days ago: "Cancer... YUK!"? Well, I hate the disease even more now (if that's possible)! I just heard that a dear friend, Bobbie, has terminal pancreatic cancer with only a few months to live. A few weeks ago we were hugging and laughing about weight loss of all things. A few months ago we were studying the Bible together. A few years ago Bobbie was encouraging me through a difficult career change. More than a decade ago she was a mentor to me in learning to be a wife. Though saddened by the news, Bobbie and her husband are rejoicing in their faith in a loving God. Though devastated by the new, we are praying for God's strength and peace in their lives.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything through prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: