Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fight FOCA


Now that the presidential election is over and President-elect Obama is working on his transition, I don't want us all to forget the very important issue of protecting life in the womb. You know how I felt about this issue as it related to voting on November 4th. I don't feel any less strongly today.


Presidential candidate Obama made a clear promise that the first thing he would do as President Obama would be to sign into law "The Freedom of Choice Act" (FOCA). This terrible piece of legislation would establish the right to abortion as a fundamental right--like the right to free speech--and would eliminate every state/federal restriction on abortion nationwide (and would also prevent enactment of similar protective measures in the future).


If this piece of legislation concerns you as it does me, I urge you to go to the Fight FOCA website and sign the Fight FOCA petition to be sent to key members of Congress and to President Obama upon the re-introduction of The Freedom of Choice Act.

1 comment:

Our growing family said...

thank you for posting this...it means so much to me too!