Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Weekend at Kara & Dusty's

Boise was gorgeous this past weekend! As I flew into town, I could see the the landscape dotted with the most beautiful red, gold and yellow-leafed trees.... And the view from the ground was even better. The weather was perfect--sunny and 70+ degrees all weekend.

This was my first visit to Dusty and Kara's place since they moved. I can't believe all of the work they have done on the house. And when I say "they," I mean Dusty, Kara, Dusty's parents, Chris C. and more. Truly a team effort! You can see Before and After pictures on Kara's blog. I would have posted my own photos at this point, but forgot to bring my camera. :(

Dusty and Kara made sure that I had a great time in Boise. (Although I've driven through Boise a number of times, this was my first real visit.) We attended the Boise State University football game, visited the Eagle Saturday market, walked through several local parks (including a walk with Gunner, my granddog), visited a church having their "grand opening" service, and satisfied appetites at several local restaurants.

But the best part of the weekend? Helping Kara clean the gutters! Being entertained is one thing... helping out is another. Hope they'll really put me to work on my next visit!

No comments: